If you are planning to spend a semester abroad and want to polish your English language skills beforehand, then this is your course.
Course issues include:
- Communicating effectively in both everyday situations and academic setting
- Cross-cultural adjustment: culture shock and transition
- Introduction to intercultural awareness
- Dealing with various possible problems and difficulties abroad
- Some Academic English: Listening and "Surviving" English lectures and seminars
- Some Business English: Successful e-mails and telephone calls in English
- Room for open discussions and exchange of ideas about students' stay abroad
- Plus: plenty of opportunities for speaking practice
Students' suggestions are welcomed.
To participate in this course, students are required to have at least CEFR level B1.
MINIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS:6